Taxonomies on user type

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I'm trying to use the taxonomies module in combination with the Orchard Profile Module. I want to have user profiles and I want to have departments. Each user can belong to one or more departments.

At first I just added a Enumeration field to the user type and make a query/projection on that. But I couldn't get it exactly how I wanted it and then I found this module, which does exactly what I want. So I added an taxonomies field to the user type. Then I made a taxonimes page with the departments and also a taxonomies menu.

The users don't show up on that page. The user type is probably not a normal content type, so I can understand why they don't shot up there. Is there a way to make the taxonomies module show profiles from the Orchard Profile Module? I don't mind having to change some code in either module, but I can't figure out where to start, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Also, something weird happens with the taxonomies menu when I enable the "Display content count" setting. When I only use the taxonomies field on users, it always shows "(0)" after every term. But, then I added the field to the page type and select the taxonomy that I also use for users. After that I created a page and selected a random term. When I looked at the taxonomies menu again, I saw that the counts did get correctly updated now (meaning, they also included all users on which I had selected that particular term.

If I then add more users with certain terms, the count values don't get updated anymore. But if I add another page with a taxonomy term, they do get updated again.