Excellent Module - Is There A Way to Sort Results

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM

First off let me say that the taxonomy module is fantastic and your most recent changes in the source code are wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work on this module.

One question that I have not been able to answer is whether there is the ability to manage the display order of the items that the taxonomy terms are tied off to.  Here is an example of what I mean:

  • Taxonomy Term: Color
  • Taxonomy Values: Red, Green

I have this taxonomy bound to an Item Content Type such as this:

  • Item 1
    • Color: Red
  • Item 2
    • Color: Green
  • Item 3
    • Color: Red

Now, when I click on the taxonomy link for "Red" it will return two results, Item 1 and Item 3.  Here are the questions:

  • How is the display order of these Items currently managed
  • Does the User Interface allow me to manage the display order
    • I did not see anything when I went through the latest release but maybe I missed it

Thanks for taking the time to reply and help me out.

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I assume they are random order right now ... can you file a bug for that ?
Do you have suggestions for what should be proposed to users ? 

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I love the Projector module where you can use fields from other modules / content parts in order to manage the order (hope I am saying that right, just starting to use the Projector module) but I am not sure that would be feasible in this module without a large overhaul.  As an alternative, maybe Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3 (similar to how a List Content Type allows for would be great. I will try and file this as a bug, first time doing so.

On another note, I belive Taxonomies.Menu.cshtml also has a bug as the cascading hieararchy is not displayed properly. Starting at line 22, here is what I need to change to get it to work properly.

From this:

@:</li>

 To this:

else {
     @:</li>
}

Otherwise the nested <ul> is terminated prior to working. I will add this as a bug also.