WLW Support for taxonomies?

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I started playing with Windows Live Writer and just curious if there's any way to tie Taxonomies in? I'm using the Taxonomies module for categories and contributors in each blog post (as well as a couple other fields including image). This may be an issue for the blog module so just let me know if I should post elsewhere.

Cheers,
JV

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

There could be a specific module for that. Right now it’s not done, but you can try to do it. It should be as easy as implementing a XmlRpc handler, like the current Live Writer implementation, plus detecting if a Taxonomy Field named “Categories” for instance is found.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Thanks... I'll poke around and see what I can figure out.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

This would be a nice feature. I used BlogEngine a lot several years ago with LiveWriter and it always made sense to me that my categories were sort of seamless between LiveWriter and my blogs. Made it an even better experience to use LiveWriter.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I haven't had much time to work on this, but I did get my first Orchard build live http://biguglysnow.com I still have to put together a downloads section for wallpapers, etc then I'll get back on playing with WLW. It's just a personal project so my clients' work has to come first. I also added a Thumbnail part which I'd like integrated into WLW as well...

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

So far it's a very nice website ! Congrats !!!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind words! I used media queries to make it mobile and tablet friendly, but I may need a different image slider because it doesn't want to resize nicely.

Stay Awesome!

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

And thank you for getting how to use Taxonomies with such few documentation ... You nailed it !

Keep me posted if you have any more website like this one in the pipe.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I'm just getting my head around how to build a basic module, but ideally I'll be putting together a real estate module for listing properties and then migrating a realtor site and a vacation site to Orchard over the next couple months. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me a lot more than you'll probably like to ;)

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Then this would be deserved