Taxonomy sub menu

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM
I'm currently using the taxonomy menu but need to be able to filter further by another taxonomy, so a kind of like a sub menu. I need to select all content items that have 2 different terms in different taxonomies. Is this something that could be achieved with taxonomies or would this be something solved by the upcoming projections feature. Thanks for any help
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Actually I never thought about this scenario.

Whatever it has to be done, and if it’s done, it might be done in both modules.

But if I were you I would not wait because there are more important features to do first. You can do it by yourself pretty easily by copy pasting the code which does it using one tem only today.

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Ok I have put something together, I wasn't 100% sure on how to handle the urls.  I have gone for /filtertax/filterterm/tax/term and used a path field on the menu, similar to how u handle nested terms.

Shall I create a fork for you to take a look at the code?  You probably know of better ways to solve this, but I needed to get something working for a project.  Happy to share this though in the hope that the feature gets included in a future release.

I've also noticed that you have recently added a projection to the project, does this have any connection to the above?

Thanks

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Ok I have scrapped this method as the url's don't seem to work well with nested terms.

Re-thinking what is required I have decided to go down a filter route rather than a submenu.  So I have created a new filter shape template which renders the menu as a drop down list, which when selected passes the filter as part of the querystring.  Multiple filters are supported.  This still works off the same Menu widget, just with a selected term filter, this possibly should be a widget of its own?

Again, let me know if you want this put somewhere for review if you think it will be of any use.