Customizing Taxonomy Page

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I'm using the Taxonomy module successfully, but have a question about the list page it creates.

For example, I am tagging content in my site with U.S. states. Each content item can have multiple states associated with it. Through the taxonomy feature, a page is available at: /state/statename. This page shows a list of content with that tag. Great. What I'd like to do though is separate out the content into several areas based upon the content type. So, I'd like to have part of the page show blog posts, another show videos, and another show news clips (videos and news clips are custom content types).

What is the best strategy I should take to achieve this functionality?

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 3:24 PM

If you are using the latest source code of the module (be aware it's not compatible with the previous version though) then you can inject a Term Widget in different zone, and select which content type/content part you want to filter on.

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM

When the next version of the module is released will it upgrade an existing installation? The term widget sounds exactly like what I want. Any ETA on this? Thanks.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I've just built the latest version and am playing with the term widget. It does about 90% of what I want. I can select a taxonomy and a term, which is great, but no content type. I can hack that in by naming the taxonomy fields type-specific like "BlogPostStates" and "PageStates" and then filtering on the field name, but that seems awkward.